Sunday, April 19, 2009

four amazing years...


I know it is a little bit early...my precious little girl doesn't actually turn four until Tuesday, but I was having fun on a lazy Sunday playing with my pictures. Largely inspired by my friend Brooke's photo montage, I created my own of some sampling of the first four years of my daughter's life. To me, these pictures, these memories, are more sacred to me than all I own....they may bore you after awhile...I guess really, you know what, I made it for Katie.

Song Selection: I won't go into all of the reasons I chose "The Scientist" (Coldplay) as the background music for this collage...but this has been a difficult couple years for us. I made a promise to both of my children that I would always put them first. This is first, one of my absolute favorite songs, but I also always want Katie to know that I will always "set her apart."

Katie, you changed my life in ways I could have never imagined. You have made me a better person, and have given me indescribable moments of joy (and frustration :) Four years...four amazing, miraculous years. My darling girl, thanks for proving them all wrong. Thank you for fighting for your life. Thank you for always giving me a reason to live. Thank you for loving your brother. Thank you for always wanting to come to "mommy's house." You will always be my magic miracle.

3 comments:

Laura said...

She really is such a precious gift. Some of these pictures made me almost cry. I love the picture of her and Carter sleeping - too precious for words. Enjoy her birthday :)

The Brown Family Blog said...

I love this. Happy Birthday sweet girl! Hope to see you this weekend!

Unknown said...

I can't stop crying because she is such an amazing gift...I am so lucky to be her Auntie MoMo. Thank you, for her.