
[on occasion of his third birthday]
Carter,
Mommy finds it so hard to believe that the years have passed so quickly. What feels like just yesterday, I was counting down the days to your arrival. Now, you have grown into your own personality and amaze me daily with your smiles and belly laughs, kisses and snuggles.
When I had your sister, the doctors told me that I wouldn't be able to have any more children. This made me sad, I always wanted to have lots and lots of kids, but I didn't want to risk the health of any of my children. You were my biggest surprise, and my second miracle. I want you to know that you were always wanted, hoped for and loved from the moment I found out you would be joining our family. You have made our family complete.
Things were hard when you were just a baby....Mommy didn't know how sick you really were in your little tummy and you cried A LOT. I promise not to remind you of this frequently as you get older :) As you have grown and changed, your infectious joy has brought so much joy into my own life. Albeit irritating at times, I know I will miss the days when you say "momma, i wanna hold you." I'm reminding myself today not to ever take advantage of those moments.
Carter, I know that things haven't been very easy for us in the past three years. We've moved and made a lot of life changes. Someday when you are older, I hope you will understand and I promise to answer all of your questions. I made a promise to you and your sister that I would ALWAYS put you first. This is a promise I will keep until the day I die. Nothing has ever been as important to me as you and Katie. Thank you for loving me even when things have been hard. Thank you for always being sensitive, even when Mommy was sad. My precious memories of you taking my hand or lightly rubbing my back bring tears to my eyes. You are such a special boy.
Carter, your future is so bright. I know that you will do great things...become an amazing man. I will help you on this journey the best way that I know how. You are my son, the son I never thought I would have, and I will always be grateful for your life, and your prescense in my life. Always, always, always.
Eric and I both want you to know how much you are loved. (How much do I love you? AS BIG AS IT GETS!). We will always hold you, kiss your owies, play with you, teach you and always make sure you know how very special you are to both of us. As you continue to grow, do not ever doubt for a second that there isn't anything we wouldn't do to show you how much you mean to us. You will always be our bubby.
Happy Birthday, Carter. May all your wishes come true.
All my love,
Mommy
Carter,
Mommy finds it so hard to believe that the years have passed so quickly. What feels like just yesterday, I was counting down the days to your arrival. Now, you have grown into your own personality and amaze me daily with your smiles and belly laughs, kisses and snuggles.
When I had your sister, the doctors told me that I wouldn't be able to have any more children. This made me sad, I always wanted to have lots and lots of kids, but I didn't want to risk the health of any of my children. You were my biggest surprise, and my second miracle. I want you to know that you were always wanted, hoped for and loved from the moment I found out you would be joining our family. You have made our family complete.
Things were hard when you were just a baby....Mommy didn't know how sick you really were in your little tummy and you cried A LOT. I promise not to remind you of this frequently as you get older :) As you have grown and changed, your infectious joy has brought so much joy into my own life. Albeit irritating at times, I know I will miss the days when you say "momma, i wanna hold you." I'm reminding myself today not to ever take advantage of those moments.
Carter, I know that things haven't been very easy for us in the past three years. We've moved and made a lot of life changes. Someday when you are older, I hope you will understand and I promise to answer all of your questions. I made a promise to you and your sister that I would ALWAYS put you first. This is a promise I will keep until the day I die. Nothing has ever been as important to me as you and Katie. Thank you for loving me even when things have been hard. Thank you for always being sensitive, even when Mommy was sad. My precious memories of you taking my hand or lightly rubbing my back bring tears to my eyes. You are such a special boy.
Carter, your future is so bright. I know that you will do great things...become an amazing man. I will help you on this journey the best way that I know how. You are my son, the son I never thought I would have, and I will always be grateful for your life, and your prescense in my life. Always, always, always.
Eric and I both want you to know how much you are loved. (How much do I love you? AS BIG AS IT GETS!). We will always hold you, kiss your owies, play with you, teach you and always make sure you know how very special you are to both of us. As you continue to grow, do not ever doubt for a second that there isn't anything we wouldn't do to show you how much you mean to us. You will always be our bubby.
Happy Birthday, Carter. May all your wishes come true.
All my love,
Mommy
(p.s. slideshow coming soon!)

No comments:
Post a Comment