Tuesday, April 13, 2010

pink

I have never had more fun in my life than when I designed Katie's nursery.  Little did I know, all the ideas would actually just be in my head, as I didn't even start decorating until she was three months old :)  I used four different colors, even painted her closet doors and stenciled a quote from "Oh, the Places You'll Go."  It's adorable.  I loved it. 

Whether or not I am emotionally capable of handling even the thought of this, my baby is becoming a little girl.  She decides what she wants to wear (sometimes sucessfully) and is becoming very possessive and sometimes even secretive about things.  I want to freeze time right now...keep her my baby girl.  What if I'm not cut out for this?  Then again, what if none of us are?

I wanted to make this room girly-girly like she wanted (she is however, still, quite the little princess), but not so bright as the colors of her last room (vibrant violet...really, corinne?).  I chose a softer pink for her walls, and attempted for the first time painting something on the wall...without a stencil.  The before/afters of these room are awesome, let's just say two gallons of high hiding primer is not fun to have to use before even attempting to actually use the pink paint you can't wait to see. 

p.s. get ready for some pink!  you've been warned :)


before...they were using it as a guest room, nice yet boring yellow walls right...nope

i have no idea what is going on with what can only be called the "bleeding wall."'  I don't know if this is some horrid faux-painting job gone bad or what, but it took an ENTIRE gallon of high hiding primer to cover the blood red.  Then, I had to prime all of the other walls, because the pink would have showed up differently underneath the yellow, than the white.  Ugghh..annoying.


finally...I am seeing pink and not blood :)


this picture is really only to make fun of me for edging around this mirror, oh so carefully for like an hour.
it comes off the wall in like five seconds.
i'm officially mentally challenged.




a pretty pink room :) 
I like to think of it as ballerina slipper pink


so...before you start laughing, I really did try!  This was my first attempt at a flower.  I had originally thought I would do a whole wall of varying heights but once I started and realized that each flower was taking at least an hour to finish, I quickly changed my mind and put two on each corner wall. 


just so you get an idea about where they are placed on the wall..

and, finally all four flowers all in a row :)

Again, decorated pictures will be forthcoming...this unpacking and decorating thing isn't so easy.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

it looks soooooo beautiful and, silly girl, I would have helped you with the flowers but I like the subtle touch of the four flowers. Does she love it?

Brittany said...

It IS ballerina slipper pink! That's perfect!
You are Wonder Mom. :)

Missy said...

i miss your long legs that come up to my neck. I love you.
this room looks amazing. you are such a sweet mommy.

Brooke said...

Let's see the rest of your handiwork! You can paint flowers on my walls anytime :)