Saturday, January 24, 2009

Christmas 2008

I've been meaning to start this post forever, but it was so comprehensive that it overwhelmed me. Our holiday season was absolutely packed...besides our own family Christmas, we celebrated six other "Christmas'"! We are so grateful for all that we received...KJ and Carter have been absolutely spoiled to death. So...even though it is a little bit past Christmas, these memories are too special not to 'document'...(and plus I'm NOT a chronological blogger...remember? see below post)

This was our first family Christmas and we were lucky enough to be joined Christmas morning by Eric's parents and his sister. The laughter and joy of the kids was so infectious, everyone had a wonderful time just watching them. I know all these pictures aren't in order...but I'll do my best to describe where we are/what's going on...

Mama Deb and KJ, reading the book that Deb and Jay got her for Christmas. Deb has been so strong this holiday season, fighting cancer and being strong enough even through chemotherapy treatments to spend as much time as possible with the family. This has meant very much to Eric and I. We both know that these are the memories that truly last a lifetime.

My bubby, taking a break from all the unwrapping. Both of them opened their new way cool light up snowboots first, and I didn't expect them to be that big of a hit...toddlers don't usually get that excited about shoes, but both of them demanded to have them on immediately and didn't take them off for the rest of the morning. They are actually hidden right now, for fear that KJ will insist on wearing them to preschool!


Mama Deb and KJ again (notice the princess snowboots :)



KJ, quickly learning the art this year of tearing into the wrapping paper..(notice the boots, again)

Eric and I spent forever Christmas Even night getting all of the presents laid out in front of the tree....(well...Santa does have to bring presents that night...duh). We had special presents from just Mommy and Eric, and presents from "Santa" (we're still waiting on that check....hmmm.... :)

We actually had to wake up the kids on Christmas morning. I was sure KJ would be tip-toeing in our room at the crack of dawn, but by 9 o'clock, even after we had made as much noise as we could getting the fire started and the coffee made, we finally just went into their room. My sweet little sleepyheads...

I love that he still sleeps likes this...I want to hold on to my last baby for a while longer. He's wearing his favorite dino jammies ;)

Wow! Santa Came! The kids were in absolute awe..

Sweet Katie Jade and a stocking that isi bigger than she is!

Carter was a little bit unsure at first about his giant Santa Claus stocking...

Once he found out there were mini candy canes inside...he was all about that stocking!

Katie, unwrapping her stocking presents

Look, Mom! Princess Stickers!

Bubby is doing his best, candy cane in mouth and all, to get his stocking presents open :)

Katie, opening her special present from Mommy, a Cabbage Patch "Preemie" Doll. These dolls have been popular forever, but the "Preemie" doll was especially popular when I was a little girl. When this popularity wore down, they stopped making the "Preemie Doll." Because KJ was a preemie, and I had my own Preemie doll as a little girl, I've wanted her to have one. I looked for them for several months on e-bay, but they were suprisingly very expensive, or gross and old from someone's attic. I was lucky this year when Cabbage Patch reintroduced the Preemie Doll for it's 25th anniversary. Katie loves her!

Bubby, opening his special present from Eric, an all wooden train set, that they have both spent hours putting together and taking apart. Carter can be very particular with things, it is very evident that he is intrigued by how things work, and he loves this train set, because he can fits the pieces of the track together.

Mid-morning after several hours of visiting, Katie, Carter and I headed to my mom's house for a visit before the kids went to Andrew's house for Christmas. I was luckily suprised when my sisters were there to celebrate with me, I thought that they would have to leave earlier. I had an absolutely wonderful morning spending time with my brothers, mom, stepdad, sisters and family. I had more bags of presents then I could carry to my car....

Helping Katie and Carter open a present from Grandma Jodi

My big boy, opening his present all by himself.

Carter's pumped about his new "Cars" coloring book.

Aunt Britty giving Carter a hat of ribbons...

Stunning Sister #1 (Brittany)

Stunning Sister #2 (Melanie)

My Grandma June who had a great time watching her great grandchildren open presents. She is the most gracious, loving woman I know and I'm glad I got to spend this day with her.

Grandma Jodi and her Katie Jade

Me and Brady (Melanie's youngest)

My oldest "baby" brother, Ross. I swear he was five like two weeks ago. I am getting so old!

My "baby" brother, Cole.

Jacob, Brady and Robbie.

Brittany, the photographer.

My sisters. Melanie, Me and Brittany. (I'm the one that looks like a really tall candy cane in the middle that apparently wasn't told we wear make-up to Christmas morning now! :)

My mom and her girls.

Melanie, Me, Brittany and Ross


After several hours at my mom's farm, the kid's went to Andrews for Christmas with their dad, and I went home to get ready for the rest of the day... Our next stop was Eric's parents where we had a great time sitting around just throwing wrapping paper onto the middle of the floor. Eric and I, among many other things, got a very nice bush trimmer for our hedges outside and I am very excited about HIM using it :) (I hope he's reading this)...


Deb and Jay's beautiful tree.

Anne was very excited about her new digital camera :)

Deb, opening the heated foot massager Eric and I got her.

My family....just having a great time....

The next week-end (unfortunately it wasn't my week-end with the kids) Eric and I went to South Bend to celebrate Christmas with his Mom and Dad's families. It was a jam-packed day with a lot of people, and even more food....

Grammy Great and Gabby

Morgan and Sophie getting tickled by Eric.

Deb and Jay getting to meet new baby Lucas for the first time. He was absolutely precious...I wanted to just hold him all morning :)



The last Christmas of the year was after New Year's with my dad and step-mom and sister (plus respective families, yada yada) We had such a good time...completely stuffing ourselves, laughing until we couldn't breathe at the dinner table and rescusing Jakes Diji that got "mysteriously" dropped into the toilet (gross), I'm pretty sure by one of my children...oops.

My children, actually playing nicely, before we ate dinner. Katie looks so pretty in her dress. Both of the kids are wearing outfits that Eric's mom got them for Christmas.

My sister, Melanie and Brady

my pretty girl.

Robbie, Melanie and I

my sweet guy

he makes me laugh

Robbie and Aunt Britty
Melanie, Brittany and I


This holiday season, spent with family, was a wonderful time for Eric and I. I know that it is a time Katie and Carter will not forget. (I know I'm still finding stray pine needles from our tree on my hardwood floors :) Thank you to our families for always being so good to us. We love you.

Eric, Corinne, Katie and Carter



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are awesome. thank you!! (britty)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the pictures of your babies on Christmas morning. Especially the one of Carter all balled up! You are the most delicious tall candy cane I have ever seen:)