Monday, March 30, 2009

a saturday with our cousins

My dad and my step-mom gave Katie and Carter the most amazing present. Not the best toy, or an even bigger box to play in :) but a family pass to the Children's Museum for the whole year. I have been planning week-end after week-end to take them (remember I only have them every other weekend), but inevitably one of them was sick, or we had something else going on. Finally, we set a date to go to The Children's Museum with Auntie MoMo, Matt, Robbie, Jacob, Brady and Matthew. Yes that means, that with Katie and Carter there were 3 people over the age of ten and six under. Note to self....try not to be outnumbered in large public places that are very very busy.
The kids, as evidenced by the pictures below, were very excited! I'm not sure exactly how much they understood about what we were doing, but they knew they were going to get to see their cousins!!

This is truly one of her most beautiful smiles. Sometimes I see my reflection in her eyes.
I love this girl.

Brady! Yeah! I get to see Brady! (and Robbie and Jake of course)

The current exhibit at The Children's Museum right now is the Lego Castle and needless to say it was a huge hit. Matthew, Carter, Katie and Brady loved this play place set up with huge Legos that were soft and easy to stack. We easily played here for an hour.


so sweet...why can't they share like this at home?

matt, brady, carter and katie helping to build the biggest tower they can (again...)

carter looks up to brady so much...I'm so glad that Carter is getting old enough to really interact.

matt and brady

kj collecting blocks (notice all the same color...)

brady crashing his tower

matt helping katie with her tower

do you think it can get any taller?

nope! kj is going to crash the tower! you should have heard the giggles :)

even after the "big crash" she was right back to building a new tower....

...even letting her little brother help...


another favorite exhibit....the slide

carter was pumped!

KJ in her dress up battle gear... (I don't think I've ever seen a pink shield before :)

she's adorable (in case you didn't know)

my little "knight" with a crown! He had so much fun dressing up

the crown was too cute...it looks like it is covering his eyes, but he actually could see...

peek a boo!

brady the dragon

the whole crew on our fun saturday. I tried to label them but I think it's hard to see. From left to right: Katie, Robbie holding Carter, Jake, Matthew and Brady. Wow we have a lot of kids.

The kids were out before we had left the parking garage. Overall, the trip was long enough that the kids had an absolutely amazing time and I didn't lose my mind. I would love to go back at a time when it's not that busy...we kinda forgot before we went that it was the weekend of the Big Ten Championship, so I think that it increased the crowds even more. It was literally body to body every inch of the museum. The kids can't wait to go back...I'm mustering up the excitement :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The first thing Matt said when I gave him the link to this blog post was....

"Those pics are so great. Katie was having so much fun."

I think we may have a Matt/Katie infatuation.

Corinne Taylor Montieth said...

I love you...and I'm glad you are a blogger, although I would still love you if you weren't a blogger.

I know you and your DVR broke up, but if you watched the last episode of Grey's Anatomy then we should talk about Derek's speech to Meredith in the elevator. I won't ruin any more surprises.

I love you...so so so much.

(and p.s. I didn't invite you because it would have been hella stressful, and it started at five, and it was a weeknight, etc.) You are always welcome...always.