Tuesday, January 25, 2011

this gives me hope.

A long time ago (though many days, it still feels like yesterday) my sister gave me a necklace of hers to wear during a very difficult time in my life.  It was a simple necklace, a hammered circle of silver with four distinct letters engraved in the center....HOPE.

And it gave me hope.  I wore it every day during my difficullt divorce and when the papers were signed, and agreements were finally made, I took it off, now tarnished and perhaps even worn smooth in places my fingers had unconsciously rubbed it, over and over again...and gave it back to her, during a time when she needed hope. 

In the 30 (gasp! I admitted it!) years I have known her, she's given me a lot of hope, and a lot of grace.

And this picture, this picture gives me HOPE.

That it will all be worth it.  That one day, I will wear a cap and gown again, and enter a whole new life.

Thank you for making me believe.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

All I have ever done is love you so much...I'm positive it isn't enough and hardly very creative but you are my saving grace and every thing I say or have said or done has come from a place of unintentional, unconditional live. You are my heart.