so day thirty...
(a picture of someone you miss)
She has been the subject of more than one of my thirty days, because she was such an impact on me in the two short years I was blessed to have spent with her. I miss our Mama Deb. I miss her all of the time, and in specific moments. I miss her for selfish reasons because I want her here. I want to talk to her. Damn it, I want to talk to her. But I can't. And that makes me sad. I miss her for Katie and Carter, because they miss her. They talk about her, unprompted, all the time. And I don't know how to give their little hearts solace. But I promise them that she is watching down on them, and smiling at their lives. And I believe that.
Deb, I hope that you would be proud of where life has taken your family since you've gone. Your impression is felt everywhere, reminders of you in so much of our lives. Your love lives on. And I promise you, that will not stop. Ever. I miss you. So very much.
"As long as I can I will look at this world for both of us.
As long as I can I will laugh with the birds,
I will sing with the flowers,
I will pray to the stars,
for both of us."
I will pray to the stars,
for both of us."
anonomyous



1 comment:
This made me cry the first time I read it, so I had to go compose myself and then come back.
First, I am so proud of you for doing all thirty days. You have really inspired me, although I must admit...I am afraid of Failing the challenge. haha.
Second, while I am so sorry that you had to experience losing Deb, I am SO glad that you and KJ and Carter were able to experience her. Her love, and joy, and LIFE.
It hurts, I know.
But what you told me, stands true
"Those who do not know how to weep with their whole heart don't know how to laugh either." (g. meir)
<3
p.s. please keep posting a lot!! :)
Post a Comment