Thursday, May 21, 2009

i wouldn't have it any other way...

Some people have really clean homes with freshly vaccumed carpets and dusted shelves that don't have stacks of old mail, kids toys, and a vase of flowers from Mother's Day that is clearly past its time. Some people actually fold their laundry instead of letting it sit on the bed all day until it usually gets thrown back into the basket, to not be folded until the next day, or maybe even the day after. Some people know what they are going to cook the whole week. Really...the whole week? I am amazed. Some people take pride in their lighting fixtures...and have really cool dining tables. I have one such amazing fixture. It is an octopus. It has a perfectly stapled piece of construction paper and stunning toilet paper arms with polka dots and a silly drawn on face with a pipe cleaner smile and crooked glued on eyes...all made by the small, yet so perfect to me, hands of my four year old daughter. So maybe the laundry waits for a day, and my wood floors aren't always shining...but I hope my kids always know how proud of them I am.

It is not easy to be crafty and winsome at the same time, and few accomplish it after the age of six. (John W. Gardner and Francesca Gardner Reese)

No comments: