This will be Katie's last year at IHC, as she will enter kindergarten next year and Carter will be left to reign the school :) I have been really impressed with all that she has learned the past two years, and look forward to continuing to watch both of them grow.
Remember my budding artists from last year?
Well, this year they astounded us once again and we were so proud of our two little creative monkeys. Grammy Jodi, Papa Jay, Daddy, Grandma Ginny, Eric and I were all there to celebrate the kid's arts and ooohed and ahhhed over every picture. The kids loved showing off their classrooms.
p.s. i really did try not to make this a ridiculously long picture post, and i promise i whittled down like at least half of the pictures i took. I just can't help it :) so fair warning, don't look if you want...
p.s. i really did try not to make this a ridiculously long picture post, and i promise i whittled down like at least half of the pictures i took. I just can't help it :) so fair warning, don't look if you want...
grammy jodi and her sweet boy
(he made her a special birthday card and wrote "I love you" all by himself!)
(he made her a special birthday card and wrote "I love you" all by himself!)

we'll start with my little man proudly showing off his classroom
(he pretends to cry and grab my leg every morning when I drop him off, but his teacher informs me that the minute I walk out the door he is back to his happy-go-lucky self...hmmm...at least he makes me feel wanted)

I sincerely hope this is a self-portrait. (adorable, nonetheless)

such a pretty rainbow! good job, bubby!

carter #3

is it wrong to be secretly glad that these paint splatters happen away from my house?? :)

the world through the eyes of a three year old :)

lollipop!

my favorite piece of the night...Carter's very own Eiffel Tower. Each class had their own passport to another country, and Carter has learned so much about France. I think this is pretty good!

onto my Katie Jade...

showing off her classroom

I just HAD to take a picture of this...Katie and Hank are BEST-buds...she talks about him constantly and I don't think she has ever had more fun than at his Star Wars birthday party. His mom and I are becoming friends, and Katie and Hank are thrilled that they are going to get to go on "playdates." And YES I did say PLAY-dates...no other kind of dates..or liking..or anything of the sort :)

they had to practice cutting by picking faces for the people to go in their boat. KJ picked her and Carter... :) I love the little purple fishies. So cute.

This makes me laugh everytime I look at it...this is Katie's "traced" body and then she illustrated it herself. It's hard to see, but she drew at least 50 teeth inside of her mouth, kind of like a shark. Oh, and she has one black fingernail?? My favorite part of the picture you ask? The rainbow she put in her heart :)

a-d-o-r-a-b-l-e

this one actually really impressed me...

yep, that's my girl

and I will end with my fav Katie exhibit of the night....I mean, really, could this be any cuter?
I am one proud momma.


2 comments:
You should be.
Those kiddos are so awesome.
And I love that they are so into art!
How lucky they are that one day they will be able to look back on all these moments.
I am so hoping that our children got the Gma Hamilton art gene...I think a couple of them may have. I am so proud of your kiddos and proud of you for sacrificing to make sure they go to the best school.
Post a Comment