Sunday, May 2, 2010

making new friends.

When I was a little girl my very best friend in the whole world was Katie Burke.  She had a little sister named Callie, and Mel and I spent hours and hours and hours playing with the two of them, in our backyards, around the neighborhood...we were rarely apart.  My friendship with Katie was so influential in my life, that she is my daughter's namesake, an embodiment of my sweet childhood memories, something I've hoped that my Katie would always have, too.

With our recent move has come a lot of changes...and for the kids, I can't think of a single one they have had a hard time adjusting to...  They love to play outside, use their imaginations more than I ever thought possible, and love all of the space they have now, either to ride bikes or play in the yard.  We are so blessed that just two houses away is a little curly blonde haired girl who...just turned 5 and will be attending kindergarten with KJ in the fall.  Wow!  Could I be more lucky?  Watching these two little girls play gives me such a sense of peace and love and joy.  It is so cute...one or the other will stand outside on the driveway and just yell each other's name...and sure enough, if they are within hearing distance, one comes running.  They BEG to play...all the time.  That makes this momma's heart happy.

(could they be any cuter??)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so happy for her and for you and for your life. I can't tell you too many times how proud I am of you and what a good mom you are...i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart).

m.